Vision, Mission, and Goals
The Council of Producers & Distributors of Agrotechnology (CPDA) is the voice of generic pesticide, inert, adjuvant and surfactant manufacturers, as well as crop protection product formulators and distributors on matters involving legislative and regulatory issues affecting the crop protection industry.
CPDA's mission is to ensure the success of its member companies by effectively managing relevant legislative and regulatory issues. These issues may include barriers of entry, unnecessarily burdensome and costly regulations, and mitigation of risk. CPDA champions public policy that utilizes the best available science while considering its impact on global competitiveness.
CPDA promotes its member company interests before the U.S. Congress, the Environmental Protection Agency, and other regulatory bodies that govern the industry. CPDA promotes the fact that its members produce high quality environmentally sound products that provide economic benefits to the US farmer and other consumers.
- Influence federal legislative and regulatory actions to ensure fair and balanced consideration of the risks and benefits of CPDA member products.
- Coordinate efforts with other associations on issues that affect all segments of the crop protection industry in order to consolidate efforts and bring one total industry voice to the regulating bodies.
- Effectively identify, prioritize and communicate the issues of importance to the CPDA membership.
- Facilitate education and training that contribute to product stewardship and industry compliance.
- Demonstrate stewardship of memberís resources in a manner that fulfills all managerial and fiduciary requirements of the association.
- Become the focal point for regulatory information for CPDA members.